Saturday, June 10, 2006

The First...

Today seems to be a first for a lot of the things I did today... nothing extraordinary.. just incidents that happened to me for the very first time or the first since a long time ago.

#1 First time exercising in months....
Got to keep fit for the trip I'm planning to go in dec.... Something I set out to do before turning 30... Keeping my fingers cross that the trip will actualise.. So decided to go swimming.. It's been a long while since I swam.. but I guess swimming is something that once you've learnt, you won't forget how... Managed to swim 40 laps of breaststroke and 10 laps of freestyle in 1 hr 45 min... Now, I'm paying for it with my sore arms n burnt back...

#2 First time in a public pool (since my JC days)....
Not that I shun public pools. It's just that I seldom go swimming unless I'm overseas or at a chalet or a club. I remembered the last time I was there was because of PE in JC.. Love those days when we had 3 periods (45 mins each) of swimming lessons for PE.. We would take a stroll over n cos I was in the advanced gp.. we were free to swim laps or 'play' in the water... we were pretty much left on our own... Then after the lesson, we would take our own sweet time to bath n change such that we'll miss the next lecture.. keke..
Back then, it costs us 40 cents to use the pool facilities.. It's like $1.30 now!!! Also, the ticket was in paper form.. now it's a card like thingy! (erm.. i think I'm like the last to know abt the changes made at public pools)

#3 First time supporting a contestant fr Singapore Idol (or any idol for that matter)....

Seriously, I'm never into SI. Too much hype..If it's local, I prefer indie bands or gps.. Thus far, my fav local song is still Don't Cry by Naked... Nevertheless, I went down J8 to support an upcoming idol.. an ex padawan.. I guess having contributed much to his alma mater.. it is only right for the sch to lend him the support. Alas, he was too busy to notice my presence (gd for him.. he seems to be having hoardes of fans).. only managed to take a few shots of him. And in that frenzy, my hand shook n my only frontal shot of him was blur.. grrhhh..

#4 First time outing with new camera....
Cajoled my sis to buy a camera at the PC show.. but I used it first!! Tested the Canon Powershot A530 today.. results not too gd.. I guess I'm still trying to fiddle with the manual mode..


#5 First time meeting my 4E2 ex-padawans....
Met up with my 2nd batch of form class.. (now 18 yrs old) The one that gave me the most memories.. simply because I was their form teacher for two years.. n also A LOT OF things happened then.. Lots of catching up.. spoke abt the usual stuff... How are the rest? What are they studying now? Anyone attached? But in that course of the conversation, I found out that a lot of the worries I had for them back then.. were unfounded.. I'm so glad that they hv all turned out fine.. moving on with their lives.. having a ball of a time, having ambitions n goals that they are one step closer to reaching them.. I guess beyond jus the grades at the end of Sec 4, what's most gratifying for a teacher is the knowledge that his/her students TURN OUT FINE.. are useful citizens many years after they left the school. (Well an added bonus is that they still keep in contact with you.. keke..)

#6 First time taking $$ fr my students....
keke.. At the spur of the moment, we decided to go play mahjong at Berd's house.. Call it beginner's luck, I managed to win three times.. and twice i had "5 tai" which I learnt that it meant the highest payout at the 5th level. Been paying in the past a fair bit for their miscellaneous stuff like chalet, bbq, gifts etc, it's pay back time.. nah.. felt so guilty taking their $$ that I offered to give them back.. Anyway, all winnings will go to a donation drive.. aka "A Very Special Walk" under their names... keke.. still haven't reached the quota yet.. Anyway, this is one of my winning tiles.. cool siah.. *Kids.. pls note that gambling is very bad.. do not gamble even if u r 18 and above! I apologise for being a negative example..

*Updated 12 jun 0000hrs (Just to make it a nice number... 7!!!)
#7 First time going into a deep sleep....
In 8 hrs time, there'll be an experience of a deep sleep.. I wonder how that experience will be like.. jus hope it can be prolonged ... as long as possible... For 5 yrs the mouse has haunted me and has been a play mate for me. I've watched it grow and worried abt it.. Now, I'll kinda miss it.. but hope it'll be gone forever... hope the pain won't last. Hope there won't be a second.. I won't be able to cope with it....

Farewell my friend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home