Friday, June 23, 2006

Rain.....

~ Rain by Rosas from Belgium ~

The last dance concert that I'd watched during the Spore Arts Fest... Sigh... The journey there was already a let down.. Silly to hv taken a cab to the Esplanade. To think that in the morning, I was talking to my fellow Jedis about the ineffectiveness of the ERP to limit the number of cars during peak periods and that the only result to commuters is the hole in their pockets.

Was stuck in Orchard Road for close to 30 minutes. In the end, I got fed up watching the meter move it's way up (reaching $16), and I walked out at CHIJMES and walked to the Esplanade. Was late 20 minutes.. hence was locked out fr the theatre.. damn.. wasted $$.. my laoshi was wondering why I wasn't there. Was a bit disheartened that despite paying for the tickets and paying so much for the cab fare, all I could see was little figures prancing ard on the television screen outside the theatre.

A few seconds later, an usher told me he'll take me to the "'viewing room", then he led me to through this dark walkway through to this little mysterious rm with a little glass window and a bench wide enough to sit 6 people. I was the first one there.. the other late-comers started streaming in after me..

Well, I thought the view was not bad.. It was equivalent to those who paid for the stall seats. But the sound system spoiled it.. it sounded like music coming out fr a school's PA system. Well.. can't blame anyone except myself for making the wrong time judgment and forgetting that CTE and Orchard Road are always jammed.

Maybe I wasn’t in the mood after a long meeting, maybe I felt alien in that little dark rm, maybe I wanted to be up at the Circle 1, where my other dancers were and I had no one to discuss the dance with, maybe it was the irritating journey I took to reach the Esplanade, maybe I’ve already watched the best performance thus far.. (See previous entry), maybe I’ve already missed close to one-third of the show..

Maybe it’s all of the above .. Hence, I didn’t quite find the dance fantastic…
However, I admire their skills and stamina though. There was no interval so just imagine performing for 1 hr 10 mins. It’s no wonder that they looked as if they were drenched in RAIN after the vigorous dance performance.

One critic wrote: As refreshing, pure, adaptable, and necessary as water, “Rain” washes over you and evaporates.

I wasn’t refreshed after the dance. On the contrary, I was washed by a sense of anxiety with the thought that the school holidays has come and gone like how the rain washes over you and evaporates....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home