Saturday, July 01, 2006

Finally Sick...

Well, it's not that I'm looking forward to being sick.. but I was really perplexed by how long my body could hold out despite all the emotional rollercoaster rides, lack of sleep, nasty remarks, a big wayang and loads of work piled upon me.... I guess I have to thank God for giving me the strength to last out for 6 months.

But I finally succumbed to it all... don't know which cat or rat spread the germs to me... and it doesn't help that I thought watching Superman would make me a Superwoman.. Had a cocktail of self-medication.. double dosage of danzen, chlorpheniramine, paracetomal, things that the doc usually dispenses for these symptoms.. but damn the darn fever hasn't subsided... can't enjoy my Youth Day.

I've always disliked going to the doc and dislike taking MCs. As far as possible, if I'm fit enough to walk without spreading the virus to others, I'll not take a MC. I hate being treated like I'm not well. I'll never forget the time I took it upon myself at age 12 to 'cure' myself. Was running a very high fever of above 39 deg C and yet I refused to tell anyone. If I'm not wrong, I was afraid of being scolded for being sick. So I stupidly wrapped myself in a blanket, thinking that by sweating it out, I'll bring my temperature down. (old wive's tale) NEVER, I REPEAT NEVER do that. Temperature went higher till I became delirious. Parents finally came to the 'rescue'. Of course I was scolded.. for taking matters into my own hand, for not telling others. Well that's me... that's how I operate.

In the end, I recovered.. inevitably, some brain cells were burnt but nevertheless, my PSLE scores were still high.. haha.. and I survived.. just like how I'll survive..

Back to the present... the question remains.. Will I recover in time for sch on Tues... Can't tell.. if I don't, it'll be much to the delight of the young padawans.. n I'll get to rest at home.... Win - Win situation? Ahh.. always look on the bright side of life..

Was told by a wise lady... As teachers, we are always taking care of a lot of things.. we take care of our pupils, our pupils relationship with their parents or with their friends, our pupils' progress, our department, our CCA everything except for OURSELVES....

hmmmm... I think it's about time I do that.... medication taking its effect... ooooozzzyyyy.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

6 Comments:

At Mon Jul 03, 11:41:00 PM, Blogger ericlow said...

your youth day? hahahahahaaa.. get well soon. :)

 
At Tue Jul 04, 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Master Cartwheeler said...

fyi.. youth day is on 2nd july.. so today's (3/7) kinda a sch holiday.. how's vietnam?

 
At Tue Jul 04, 01:51:00 AM, Blogger ericlow said...

viet is good as always. back home already and missing nam. oh the coffee, oh the coffee!

 
At Tue Jul 04, 05:28:00 AM, Blogger kn1ghtcr4wler said...

Hey :D

Do take good care of yourself aight?.

Drink lots of water!.

Your fever will subside eventually..
I'll pray for your recovery!. (:

GET WELL SOOON

 
At Tue Jul 04, 06:36:00 PM, Blogger Master Cartwheeler said...

Thanks young wan.. any Youth Day holiday in Canada??

 
At Wed Jul 05, 12:12:00 PM, Blogger kn1ghtcr4wler said...

err.. sadly no. :P
But we just celebrated the nation's birthday though. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home