Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm full of Crab... Literally...


This is the name of a rather famous Crab 'restaurant' /coffeeshop.... Was laughing when I saw the English sign cos it seems like a mis-spelling of Melbourne.. (occupational hazard!) I've heard of it many years back while I was still at AJC and back then I told myself I've got to try it someday..... 10 years later..... that day came

It was absolutely by chance... No planning whatsoever... Was actually conducting EL oral exams at a school nearby. My examiner partner had her dinner there the night before and she was raving about it.

"You must try the chilli crab.. oh oh.. the claypot crab with chu mi fen is also very nice.. Just add $3 and you'll get more soup.. wah.. the crab is very fresh.. really.... etc etc... "

Yup... this is what examiners talk about in between candidates... keke.. (exposed..)

Was hesitating as I was walking over.... (cos was reminded that I had the Sheares Bridge Run this Sunday... oh no.. ) but told myself not to think... just do.. or rather in my case just eat... It was a good thing I managed to get a table for my family.. the queue was incredibly long for a Tues. By 7pm, there was a long queue snaking to the carpark area... If I hadn't gone earlier (was there before 6pm, but the food and my family came at 7pm), I may not have had the patience to stand in line and wait. Had a sumptuous dinner though it burned a hole in my pocket.. but definitely worth it... Yet, I don't think I'll come back again anytime soon...

It took me 10 years to finally get to eat at this place... amazing how time flies... and if I had not gone for it today... I most probably never will... cos it's one of my few last days as oral examiner at that nearby school and I'll most probably forget about it.... Then it'll be another missed opportunity...

That's life... sometimes when the opportunity comes.. just go for it.. don't wait cos you may never know what may happen... in my case. I was lucky enough that MELLBEN Seafood restaurant survived so long.

Some say that good things are worth waiting for... like in the case of Il Mare / Lake house.. (that'll be another blog topic altogether.. when I do find the time) Don't rush into things for you may make the wrong decision... let time be the judge...

But sometimes... things may just slip you by and for all you know, you'll never get to get that oppotunity back again.. I've been waiting quite a lot lately... to the extent that I'm not even sure what I'm waiting for... Should I just wait longer and perhaps forget about it... or should I just heck it and just go for it?

I guess I'll wait... for how long.. I do not know... I may not even see it come.. It's too unpredictable...

All I know is this.... I full of crab... literally... and CRAP! I suddenly remembered that there's health check tmw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home