Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Closing the chapter....

*design of class T-shirt by Situ Huijie

The first cycle is finally over...

This is the first batch of students whom I had the chance to watch them grow from Sec 1 back in 2002 when I was just a trainee teacher... till this year when I finally get to see all of them graduate.. Taught them EL & CME at Sec 1, EL & Sci at Sec 2 and EL & CME at Sec 3 & 4.

Their sizes may hv changed, their voices may hv 'cracked', and their mentalities hv definitely changed, but some things just remain the same.. their humour (or rather lameness)... their coyness... (or rather lack of)... their idiosyncrasies which we hv all grown to know n sometimes laugh at.. n the fact that I know that their hearts are in the right place... (despite not handing in their hw on time, wearing socks of diff colours, indifferent abt the rules at times... hmmm.. the list goes on.. keke)

Didn't get to teach any Sec Ones after 2003 until this year and if I get to follow them through for the next four to five years.. I'll walk through another cycle with another batch of young padawans for the whole of their duration at Simpleville.. That'll mean 10 years of service as a Jedi... Whooahh... Not sure if it'll ever happen.....

So for now.. I'll treasure my remaining 46+34 days (keke) with the graduating classes of 2006 before their O Levels begin... and make sure they'll do their best fr now onwards... and may the force be with you...

Oh and before you leave us... write something nice for ur Jedis... keke... I repeat NICE... http://www.teachersday.sg/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home