Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol Fever...


First of all, I need to state that I do not normally watch American Idol. In fact, I have never followed closely any season of AI.

It was simply by chance that I caught the AI Season Marathon over the last long weekend. So from Friday to Monday night, I spent most of my waking hours watching AI, a sad indication that I have no life or rather I have no wish to jostle with the crowd during the holidays.

What made me continue watching was the amazing voice of 17 year old David Archuleta. It's so refreshing to watch him perform. He made me smile just hearing him sing. He's simply so pure...

My sis and I did a youtube search for him and found out that at 5 years old after his parents brought him to watch Les Miserables, he was able to sing all the songs in the musical. Age 5!!!!

And later, when he was 10, he won the Junior Singers competition on Star Search with this winning performance, which Kelly Clarkson also sang during her finals in the first AI.... Amazing..

My sis and I, two 20 plus 'women' started searching more and went gaga over these two clips...

This, in particular, is real sweet... awww ...wish I have a son like him...

We also chanced upon this video with poor lighting but hey, it's the voice that matters.... We thoroughly enjoyed his take on "Mary did you know".

I'm so glad that he did not lose his voice when he had his vocal paralysis back then. Thank God that he didn't. If not, the world would not be able to hear him sing.

I hope he wins. This is one talented, sweet-natured boy who plays the piano and sings so well... (I'm a sucker for guys who can play the piano well) And if he does win, I hope he doesn't change much like some of the young artistes of Hollywood. If I can vote, I'll definitely vote for him. He'll be the second person I vote for in such Idols show other than my ex-padawan, JK.

Then again, there's this hunch that the older David Cook will win due to the overall appeal. Whatever the case, the winner will be David.

And so it is, the finals is over. I'll just have to wait for tmw's results show.

Go David Archuleta....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Mon May 26, 08:28:00 AM, Blogger Roarie said...

Great kid with a bad father. Glad he lost, but I suppose he will still have a great future in the industry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home