Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm Proud to be a Singaporean!!!

When Hossan Leong first performed it last Aug in the Old Parliment House Chambers, I found it so hilarious that I showed it to a close friend of mine. I almost went to watch but couldn't get the free seats.. It was full house so quickly.

Early this month, I had the opportunity to watch Hossan Leong perform in Dim Sum Dollies: History of Singapore and laughed at how he butchered the History of Singapore. I couldn't stop laughing... To some conservatives, they may think it's disrespectful but if you looked at how the audience responded at the end of the musical, you would know that in those moments of fun and laughter, the musical had somehow reminded us of who we are, allowed us to reflect on our past and appreciate our identify as Singaporeans.


Almost the entire audience in the full-house Esplanade theatre was waving the Singapore flags and singing to the Singapore songs.. some standing and dancing even.

To think that just one month back, I thought of migrating at some point in time. It was to a point that I went actually went to "test" it out in Melbourne which ironically helped me made up my mind about NOT migrating to Australia at all...

And thanks to Lavanya, I got to see the "MTV" which made me very fond of S'pore... Though it was was created some time back, I somehow missed it. For someone fr the 7 series... (Not BMW but those born in the 70s), there were a lot of scenes that I could identify with... VR man, Michael Fay, bubble gum ban, Tea dancing.. (I used to go every Saturday..) Haha.. I miss those carefree days..

So sit back and enjoy this NE clip... Take it with a pinch of salt.. it's good to laugh at ourselves at times and not be too serious... (Hmm... I wonder if I can use it for my NE lessons.. )



I"M PROUD TO BE A SINGAPOREAN!!!
.
.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home