Thursday, August 25, 2005

8... 9.... 10.... It's over

It's finally over! So what have I learnt from the last 3 days of oral exams? Here goes:

Day 8

As always, whenever the grandparents topic is set for the conversation segment, someone cries.. It seems that one usually doesn't treasure the time with someone alive until he or she dies. Sigh... something for me to reflect too.

Oh... If you see the word BEACH in your reading portion.... pronounce it properly.... Felt as if 12 candidates were hurling verbal abuse at me.... grrrrrr...

Day 9

Just found out some illegal activity going on in PhillyFellaVille. Exotic animals and insect trading going on there! Amazing how one can keep 2 tarantulas and 1 salamander only to let it out in some "secret" location in Woodlands... Watch out those staying in Woodlands for any exotic creatures!

Day 10 Finally!!!!!

After 3 weeks (3mths 2 wks) of giving oral exams, life goes back to normal. Yipee!?... Is normality a good thing even? So contradictory.. for the past few weeks I dread going for the oral exam and now that it's over, I wish it didn't end cos I'm not prepared to go back to my 'normal' life. Not at all, not when I've just got comfortable with my new 'life', not when everything in the past is still in a mess. Such contradition. You claim that you don't want something, yet when you lose it, you want it back cos you just can't let go. Complex? Strange?Lost? Don't be... cos I am.....

Nothing unsual, nothing strange Close to nothing at all
The same old scenario, the same old rain And there's no explosions here
Then something unusual, something strange
Comes from nothing at all
I saw a spaceship fly by your window... Did you see it disappear?
Amie come sit on my wall And read me the story of O
And tell it like you still believe...
That the end of the century brings a change for you and me.
Nothing unusual, nothing's changed Just a little older that's all
You know when you've found it that's something I've learned
'Cause you feel it when they take it away
Something unusual, something strange Comes from nothing at all
But I'm not a miracle... And you're not a saint
Just another soldier on the road to nowhere..............................

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home