Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Feeling Lucky (?)

A lot happened and is going to happen this year...

At times, I feel that luck is on my side and despite how bad things seem..I gradually see the reasons behind those trials.

Been feeling lucky again as I just learnt that I'll be going for a fully-paid trip (with allowances included) to Scotland and London for an immersion programme. With an extension from the intended 1.5 week programme, I'll most probably be in UK for a month. Not only that, I'll get to take the new Airbus 380!

But when I went for the 1st meeting this afternoon, I realised (as always) that nothing is free. The amount of things to prepare before and after the trip will most probably wear me out. I guess the most fearful thing is that I'll have to teach the UK students while I'm there.. Seems rather odd to learn English from a Chinese.
Nevertheless, I'm excited about it... I think the learning curve will be extremely steep.

When I made the decision to give up a possible life in the finance sector, I thought I'll never get to travel for work. Glad that need not be the case. I guess it's a dream to marry both work and my interest of travelling together. My first overseas assignment in Hanoi this April was a good experience. Hopefully, this one will too.

Really hope my luck doesn't run out or that my life is cut short suddenly... Cos everytime something good happens to me, I'll be thinking that something has go to balance it.. or perhaps I've gone through enough agony already and that's not necessary.

I also hope that my ex-padawans and current ones will learn that they should go out and seek opportunities themselves to do what they want and never be disheartened when things don't go their way... for someday, luck or some divine intervention will be on their side...

As for the other aspects of my life, they may not be that exciting... but I'm still enjoying them... will keep on waiting until the time is right....It all depends on God ... Everything in His time...

Meanwhile, here's my latest favourite song... it's amazing how apt it can be..




Lucky
by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat
.
Do you hear me, I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky oh my, baby I'm trying
.
Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard
.
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
Ooooh....
.
They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will
.
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
.
And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music, feel the air
I'll put a flower in your hair
.
Though the breezes through the trees
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now
.
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday
Ooohh....
.
.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home