Sunday, August 12, 2007

Angel(s) in Disguise

Angel in Disguise
by Corrinne May
I woke up this morning
feeling kind of blue
when I stumbled out of bed
dragged my feet across the room
Right outside my front door was a rose and a note that said
'Somebody Loves You'
But out on the street it starts to pour
before I get soaking wet,
A total stranger runs to give me the jacket off his back
I turned around to thank him
But he waves me with a smile
I can hardly believe my eyes
He puts on a halo and starts to fly
Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise
I met a good friend for lunch
and we had a delicious meal
But I forgot to bring my wallet I felt like an imbecile
But she was sweet, she gave me a treat and
Bought me a chicken sandwich
To take home for tea
But out on the street with nothing to eat
A man and his shopping cart
go travelling to places,
Collecting social graces
I give him my sandwich and we chatter for a while
I see a rainbow wash over his eyes
He gives me his halo and I start to fly
Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise
Don't try to hide away from me
I know you're by my side
Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise
Take a look at the ordinary
Don't need to look for Paradise
You could be next to an angel in disguise
Everyday can be legendary
Every minute, an endless surprise
You could be the next angel in disguise
I woke up this morning
Feeling kind of new.


I used to have an Angel in Disguise but it turns out the angel was really just one in disguise. It's nowhere to be found. Maybe my angel has returned to heaven or has moved on to another mortal. Most likely the latter.

But recently, I found out I've more angels than I thought I had. My ex 4E3s descended on Simpleville last Tuesday and touched my heart (many times over) with their 'surprises'.

I thought I would have been forgotten but their sweet gesture told me otherwise. I then realised that during the only two years when my birthday was not celebrated, they were the ones who came and brought me joy.

And on Wednesday, I realised I have another Angel in Disguise. Some angel placed a Strawberry Shortcake purse with 3 Kit Kats in it and a note signed off as "Angel".


Was trying to figure out who my angel could be:
  1. Must be female
  2. Could be a fellow jedi, a student or an ex-student
  3. Someone familar with Strawberry Shortcake (A brand name in my era)
  4. Someone who owns that piece of notepad.
  5. Someone with neat handwriting
  6. Someone who's in school on Wed.

Haiz.. I guess I'm back to square one... I have no clue who my Angel in Disguise is..

Anyone who recognises the notepad or the handwriting, please call 1900-ANGEL-IN -DISGUISE

To all angels out there, past, present and future, God Bless.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wed Aug 15, 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Roarie said...

Lucky you. I didn't even know the angel-mortal game was on.
I was here on Wednesday though.....and born in that strawberry shortcake era......hahahaha!!

 
At Fri Aug 31, 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Master Cartwheeler said...

Just ended the Teachers' Day Dinner... finally found out who's my Angel from the Angel& Mortal Game..

It's Pek Kuan!!!
Thanks Angel!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home