Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Beautiful Seed...


"I think that a seed is a wonderful metaphor for our lives. We are all like seeds. Seeds grow unseen in the soil and then sprout, and some seed become the biggest, most majestic trees and others grow to eventually bear wonderful fruit, and yet others, grow to provide shade. We are like trees. When we are in our mother's womb, no one can see us growing, but we are there. And all the potential for our lives is present in that moment, small as we are at that point in our lives, we are who we are now because of what we've gone through. And just knowing that, makes me sad to read about the increasing numbers of abortions that occur. People have forgotten that all the potential for life comes from something small, seemingly insignificant, seemingly lifeless."
~ Corrinne May~

There are only two Singaporean singers whom I really admire and would make it a point to buy their CDs or concerts or musicals.

Kit Chan is the first... The other is Corrinne May... Like Kit Chan, I hope one day, Corrinne will get to sing the National Day theme song... I'll be so proud of her..

Currently, Beautiful Seed (Corrinne May's new album) keeps the barks away (Refer to Lesson#3). It puts me to sleep, it gives me a sense of peace, it brings me comfort, tears and warmth.
It's amazing how each of her three albums has songs which speak to me and perhaps, to all her other listeners as well...

I attended only one of her concert so far and I'm sad that I missed her other concerts. Not once, not twice but thrice... haiz... I missed the Jan '06 concert, Dec '06 Christmas Concert, and now the Aug '07 concert. I didn't manage to get her concert tickets. It sold out too quickly.... I need to be on some mailing list or something. Don't understand why the rest always snap up the tickets so quickly... Or it could be just me...

As always, wrong timing...

Nevertheless, I'll wait..... waited for around two years already.

Her songs are simple, down to earth, emotional and spiritual, a reflection of who I wish to be.

And that's what life is. A story.

Every moment of our lives is a chapter. A turning point. We never know how the plot will unfold.
Only God knows.
We just got to continue on to see what our story will be.... and perhaps we will finally find our happy ending :p

Meanwhile, here's the lyrics to my favourite song in Beautiful Seed. It bears great meaning.
But I prefer the 'Cherry Blossom edition' better.
Couldn't find it though....
.
But like in life, we always have to make do with what we have, don't we?
Can't get everything that we want, right?
;p
.

Shelter

Written by Corrinne May Ying Foo
Copyright 2006, Corrmay Gourmet Music (ASCAP)
.
What's wrong, what's getting you down?
Is it something I might have said?
You're walking around
With your head to the ground
And your eyes are watery red
I know you've been through tough times
Kicked around, thrown to the ground
But you've always been the strong one
So don't tell me that nobody gets you'
Cause I'm standing in your corner
Knocking at your door
You don't have to be alone
Just call my name
Let me be an answer
'Cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let me be your shelter, my friend

We share a bond, you and I, we belong
We're like coffee and morning train
You strip my defenses
I catch your pretenses
The same blood runs through our veins
I swore I'd be your lifeline
Made a vow that I'd surround you
With love at every milestone
I'll listen when nobody gets you
I'm still standing in your corner
Waiting by your door
You don't have to be alone

Just call my name
Let me be an answer
'Cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let me be your shelter, my friend

It was not too long ago
You sought to understand
You helped me mend
Remember when
So promise me you'll call my name
Let me be an answer
'Cause it hurts me to see you this way
I wanna ease your pain
Help me understand
Let me be your shelter, my friend

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At Fri Aug 31, 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Natascha said...

Hey there. I love Corrinne May's songs too! They always make tears streak down my face.. they speak so truthfully of things that happen in my life, and I guess in the lives of many people as well. My personal favourite is On My Way from her latest album. It pierced my heart immediately the first time I heard it at her Beautiful Seed concert.Am thankful I managed to go for the concert, the first one I've attended. :) Its wonderful that God blessed the world with beautiful voices like Corrinne May's!

 
At Sat Sep 01, 01:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi :)
are you a teacher too?
found yr blog while searching for corrinne may's beautiful seed lyrics. i love her songs too =)

-a fellow corrinne may fan

 
At Sat Sep 01, 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Master Cartwheeler said...

Yeah.. I'm a teacher.. I guess u r too.. Pri or Sec?

 
At Sat Sep 08, 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

primary school..you? =)

 
At Sun Sep 09, 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Master Cartwheeler said...

Think u can tell fr the pics.. I'm teaching in a sec sch...

Why so anonymous still??
keke..

 
At Thu Sep 27, 07:50:00 PM, Blogger Tommy Cheng said...

Haha, chanced upon your blog while looking for the lyrics for the song "Shelter". Loved this song alot. It touched deep down to my heart. =)

 
At Thu Oct 04, 01:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, u can check out ruth ling, i think she is very good too. local

 
At Mon Oct 22, 11:07:00 PM, Blogger christophersim said...

Thanks for the lyrics to this wonderful song. :)

 
At Wed Oct 24, 02:32:00 AM, Blogger meowz said...

thanks for the online lyrics..

 
At Wed Dec 19, 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Miss CoCo said...

Hi, found your blog while googling for corrinne may too. Just got "beautiful seed" yesterday for Xmas! Just wanna share my joy. Though Im a Singaporean, this is the 1st time ever owning an album by a Singaporean artist. In fact, Im listening to Shelter as Im typing. What a great ablum and what a great artist! :)

 
At Thu Jan 10, 05:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found your blog while googling for ruth ling. i agree with cafelatte that ruth is indeed very talented. singer, song writer, music arranger, multiple instrument player. we should support local!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home