Friday, August 31, 2007

Conversations with Corrinne May...


In two days, I would have attended three interviews.. This afternoon, I was interviewed... And just now, I watched Corrinne May in person being interviewed. And tomorrow, I'll be interviewed again but this time by Fr. Anthony regarding my A.
.
Of the three interviews, I like the one with Corrinne May the best.. (of course!) I've never been a fan of anyone. Never got any CDs signed or autograph from a celebrity...
.
Tonight, it was my first...
.
I wouldn't say I'm her ardent fan.. but I have to admit that her songs took me through the past 3 years of my life.
.
Songs from her first album brought me joy when the times were good
(Mr Beasley, All that I need)
... and when it took a turn, the second album took me through my toughest times
(Angel in Disguise, Free, Safe in a Crazy World)
... and now that I'm at peace, I feel comfort in her third album
(Shelter, Beautiful Seed, Five Loaves & Two Fishes, 33)
.
It is as if I was journeying with her through her music... I'm so glad to have been introduced by someone to her music.
.
And more thankful that the CANA Catholic Centre organised this Conversations with Corrinne May to hear her talk about her faith journey and the inspirations behind the songs she writes...
.
She's definitely a beautiful seed herself.. She reminded me that despite all our flaws and mistakes, we will still be loved.. and with God in the centre of our life, we'll be able to move on...
.
Other than asking her questions, she performed three songs. Beautiful Seed, Five Loaves and Two Fishes and Happy Birthday. For the third song, a guy in the audience actually requested to accompany her on his guitar. I guess he had been practising the sections that he composed to compliment her keyboard music.. He did it real well like o&o.
.
It's strange how things work in life.... Just two weeks ago, I was "complaining" in my previous blog entry how I never got to watch her perform except for that one time... And tonight, I had the chance to not only hear her perform 3 metres away from me and get her to sign my 2 albums, I also got to chat with her and will probably be emailing her.
.
I guess the learning point is this.. when things do not go your way, don't be too quick to condemn the situation, the people around you or yourself.
.
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON
.
Even Corrinne said so herself during the interview. Given time and prayer, things may work out for the better.
.
And I believe so....
.
Dreams are what we make them to be.
There is hope in every heartbeat.
Tiny as it seems. You're a beautiful seed.
Every hope, every power,
lies in the heart of a seed that flowers.
Intertwined all across the land.
We're all seeds in the maker's hand.


End Lyrics from Beautiful Seed by Corrinne May

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home