Saturday, September 29, 2007

Conversations @ AJ

This afternoon at the end of dance practice (Yes.. I didn't go hiking as some thought I did... ), I met my JC's 'first-3mths' GP tutor.. Larry.. Yup.. I now call him by name since we are technically colleagues under the same big umbrella called MOE.

The brief conversation went something like that:

L: Huh... Why are you back?

Moi: I never left...

L: Yah.. I noticed.. when were you here since..

Moi: 96.. (chuckle... embarassed)

L: So why are you back?

Moi: Dance concert in March..

L: Wow... (speechless)

Moi: I think AJ ought to give me some long service award. (Eh.. but they did.. on my 8th yr as a dance alumni.. http://sevenyrslater.blogspot.com/2006/05/non-mihi-solum.html)

L: Yar.. I think you should talk to the prinicpal about it...

Yeap.. practice has started but I'm not sure if I can commit. It seems ridiculous to juggle all the stuff that I'm having on my plate.. It's overflowing and I'm wondering if I can cope without shortening my lifespan. But I don't know how to let go (as always) ... so what do I have and how should I prioritise:

  1. Padawans whom I'm deeply sorry for not marking your work on time.
  2. New portfolio which is not easy to handle and can sometimes be a lonely job. Though I sometimes give others the impression that I would like to be alone, I actually don't and I hate it.
  3. Grandma... Sundays with my grandma has become a norm...
  4. Close friends.... Have been recently gg to 3 of my gf's homes. They all have wonderful families and adorable kids.. It's really a joy to babysit for them but I do get envious seeing them relax at home as "home-makers" which was actually my 'ambition' when I was in Secondary School... other than Architect and Civil & Structural Engineer.. haha..
  5. Yoga which I seem to hv stopped gg.. hence the "excesses" as someone aptly put it across to me.. sobs..
  6. Photography... I've rejected a few flickr outings cos of work.. but I so wanna go.. and my hard disk is full of untouched and un-uploaded pics which are just sitting there, taking up space.
  7. Dancing... recently, there's this affinity to call it lamsing..
  8. Tuition for my cousin who'll be Sec 4 next year. I took her since she was in Sec 2 and I can't just drop her in her final year, can I?
  9. School magazine.. I seem to be stuck with that. How do I get out? My first magazine was created in my 4th month in Simpleville. 2002 (idea was taken from a Savannah condo's showhouse advertisement), 2003 (Students' artwork), 2005 (5 series concept - idea taken from VJ's banner), 2006 (Garden concept), 2007 (poster concept - idea taken from Jing) I only had a breather in 2004 when Pinkiemonkie took over that year (close up shot of badge) but I was doing the School Official Opening Ceremony magazine .. hmm it wasn't really a break huh?
  10. Something that I look forward to and I'll put aside all things for....
  11. Travelling.. which I'll squeeze in by hook or by crook.. even it is for 9 short days this time.
  12. 2nd M Ed course all the way till 7 Dec and the 3rd course starting Jan till Mar which means my assignment will be due around the time of the dance concert too.
  13. Microsoft Regional Innovative Teachers’ Conference 2008 in Vietnam just 3 days after the dance concert.. which means I have to struggle between dance rehearsals, M Ed course assignment and presentation preparation for the conference... (Yes.. contrary to what was conveyed, I'm not gg there for a holiday but to work and present which is really unnerving for me.. I do fear presenting let alone presenting to foreigners.. )

Arrrgghhh.... 13 things to do! Should I just let go the dance?

.
.

Labels: ,